[wikka-community] I'm getting the hang of it

John Francis Lee jfl
Sun Oct 23 11:24:14 GMT 2011

Hi, I'm getting the hang of it. Slowly, but surely, I hope.

I got rid of all the leaf nodes in the categories... I had links from
leaf to root.

What I would like to do is use freemind to map the categories. I've
started making subtrees, so far one for my

  ProjectCategory => ProjectScale,

and one of locations to be show on a google map... which is not shown
under categories because the points are in an external mysql database.

Each has its own display problem.

If you go to

  http://www.mueangchiangrai.net/wikka/wikka

you will see the google map and a link to 'points on a map'. When you
follow the link the page clears and the mindmap shows up. I haven't made
the links to the markers for the map yet. But I'd rather have the
mindmap replace the google map and then the google map replace the
mindmap when a choice has been made.

If you choose

  Categories => CategoryProjects => ProjectScale

from the homepage, a mind map appears within 'the' wikka page, but when
following links from there whole new wikka pages are created in their
own tabs. I'd rather have them appear on the page where the mindmap is
shown.

The 'points on a map' mindmap comes from a link outside the wikka. The
'ProjectScale' mindmap comes from within the wikka... I just pasted the
xml created by freemind into the page as suggested.

It would be nice if I could make one root mindmap for categories that
alternates with whatever page was chosen from it, no matter it was
another mind map itself or a leaf.

It seems like this could be done with a handler, but I've had no luck
pasting the applet specification to a mindmap into a handler... it just
crashes my browser.

Any help appreciated.

--
"This message may have been intercepted and read by U.S. government
agencies including the FBI, CIA, and NSA and/or the present government

John Francis Lee
246/3 Thanon Kaew Wai
Mueang Chiangrai 57000
Thailand