[wikka-community] I think I have this figured out now...

Brian Koontz brian
Wed Oct 19 21:35:54 GMT 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 04:24:28PM +0700, John Francis Lee wrote:
> I expected a list of child pages of CategoryCategory, and that
> clicking on them would yield their child pages, with my lists of
> their children... grandchildren of CategoryCategory.
>
> Is what I have what's expected? If so, I guess I'd have to look at
> the php code of wikka itself to make it do what I expected?

WikkaWiki (and, by extension, most wikis) subscribe to a hierarchical
model of page management.  This is by design, as wikis are intended to
be "flat".  Making categories hierarchical would require fundamental
changes to the Wikka architecture, and that's something the devs have
discussed previously and decided against.

  --Brian

--
Brian Koontz
Wikka Development Team