[wikka-community] Page Groups in Wikka?

th yelton thyml
Sun Nov 11 01:00:11 GMT 2007

Brian Koontz wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 12:22:36PM -0500, th yelton wrote:
>
>> I have not made my intent clear.  The inheritance I'm talking about is
>> based purely on the page name.  BoardMinutes inherits ACLs from Board
>> not because of any link between them in the database, but only because
>> "BoardMinutes" begins with "Board".  This can be determined at the time
>> of the access attempt by parsing the actual page names into their
>> WikiWord components.
>>

> Ah...then you might be interested in what this Wikka user has
> proposed:
>
> http://wikkawiki.org/RodMcFarland
>

>> I think it may be less than you think -- I'm still hoping for trivial
>> effort, actually ;-)  But I await with breath bated all attempts to
>> deflate this trial balloon.
>>

> Go for it!  I often pull in user-contributed code to my own sites, and
> even if it doesn't pass muster for inclusion in the Wikka core (a very
> high bar at the moment), it sounds like this would be a viable
> candidate for a future extension.
>
>   --Brian
If I decide to use Wikka I will create this mod.  Until then I have
other leads to follow.

Meanwhile, for the record, here are some relevant links:

http://wikkawiki.org/RodMcFarland:
Rod's idea for pagegroups is more like user groups of ACLsWithUserGroups <http://wikkawiki.org/ACLsWithUserGroups>, except lists of pages addressed using a prefix before the page name.  It reminds me somewhat of the PmWiki system.

http://wikkawiki.org/MarkHissinkMuller mentions "multilevel pages" in
Wikka sibling Wacko wiki which he would like to see in Wikka.  Following
up on this I found that Wacko has integrated a well developed page
hierarchy into it's core:
http://wackowiki.com/WackoDocumentation/WackoClusters?v=txp

Thanks for your help
- Thomas

--
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.