[wikka-community] Page Groups in Wikka?

Brian Koontz brian
Fri Nov 9 22:36:52 GMT 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 12:22:36PM -0500, th yelton wrote:
> I have not made my intent clear.  The inheritance I'm talking about is
> based purely on the page name.  BoardMinutes inherits ACLs from Board
> not because of any link between them in the database, but only because
> "BoardMinutes" begins with "Board".  This can be determined at the time
> of the access attempt by parsing the actual page names into their
> WikiWord components.

Ah...then you might be interested in what this Wikka user has
proposed:

http://wikkawiki.org/RodMcFarland

> I think it may be less than you think -- I'm still hoping for trivial
> effort, actually ;-)  But I await with breath bated all attempts to
> deflate this trial balloon.

Go for it!  I often pull in user-contributed code to my own sites, and
even if it doesn't pass muster for inclusion in the Wikka core (a very
high bar at the moment), it sounds like this would be a viable
candidate for a future extension.

  --Brian