[wikka-news] WikkaWiki 1.1.6.3 released

Dario Taraborelli dartar
Mon May 7 14:55:01 GMT 2007

Dear all,

I'm happy to announce the release of version 1.1.6.3 of WikkaWiki, an
important security upgrade available for download from the Wikka
website.

The Wikka Developer Team have been working hard over the last months
on 1.1.7, a major release that will feature a number of important
enhancements (both in terms of functionality and configurability). We
have recently decided to make available to our user community a
number of security fixes already included in 1.1.7 as a dedicated
release.

Wikka 1.1.6.3 does not introduce new functionality, but several
patches against potential security issues. These include, among
others, a native PHP vulnerability (i.e. not a Wikka bug) affecting
virtually any application running on PHP<5.2, that has been
brilliantly patched thanks to the joint efforts of the Wikka and
GeSHi Developer teams.

We strongly recommend Wikka users to upgrade to 1.1.6.3. Upgrading
via the installer takes only a few minutes and will make your wiki
safer.

Downloads
---------
Wikka 1.1.6.3 is available as a tarball and a zip:
- http://wikkawiki.org/downloads/Wikka-1.1.6.3.tar.gz
- http://wikkawiki.org/downloads/Wikka-1.1.6.3.zip

Changelog
---------
The list of changes introuded in 1.1.6.3 can be browsed here: http://
wikkawiki.org/WikkaReleaseNotes

Demo
----
Want to play with WikkaWiki? A live demo running version 1.1.6.3 is
available at http://demo.wikkawiki.org

Release security
----------------
As of 1.1.6.3, we introduced a tighter security policy in our
official distributions. You can learn more about this at: http://
wikkawiki.org/WikkaSecurity

Bug reporting
-------------
Bug reports and suggestions for new features are welcome in the Wikka
tracker: http://tracker.wikkawiki.org/newticket

Blog
----
You can now stay tuned to the latest news from the Wikka Dev Team by
pointing your browser or feed reader to the brand new Wikka Developer
Blog: http://blog.wikkawiki.org

New Wikka developers
--------------------
Last but not least, I'm proud to announce that since the last stable
release, the Wikka Team has welcomed two new developers.
Tormod (TormodHaugen) has extensively worked on a new markup for data
tables, that will be included in 1.1.7 and whose syntax can be
previewed here: http://docs.wikkawiki.org/TableMarkup
Brian (BrianKoontz) has brought to Wikka his expertise in the area of
security and a lot of valuable insights and contributions on how to
make Wikka easier to extend. Thank you guys for helping us make Wikka
better :)

A big thanks to all the other members of the Dev Team: DotMG,
JavaWoman, NilsLindenberg, YanB for the great job they did on the
code and documentation over the last months.

Wikka on IRC
If you need support, want to share ideas, or just want to meet Wikka
developers and contributors, you can join us in the #wikka channel at
irc.freenode.net

Best,

Dario

--