[wikka-community] special characters

Brian Koontz brian
Fri May 14 20:34:16 GMT 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 12:06:53AM +0200, Filip De Haes wrote:
> the file upload system and including in pages of images and files is
> quite a mess in wikka. i just upload the files to the server myself and
> link from there instead of linking from the wikka-file structure itself.
> solved!

Hi, Filip.  The file upload system was never intended as an interface
for admins...obviously, if you are an admin of a WikkaWiki install,
you probably have access to the install directory and can upload
needed files directly (but you'll have to turn off the
rewrite engine in the upload directory using .htaccess for this to
work).  The interface was intended for users of the system.  The
issues are known, and it is due for a rewrite.

> one thing that really pisses me off while using the wikka is the lack of
> support for non standard (+ascii-128?) characters... each time i enter a
> ? (double points on the e), or a ? (euro-sign), or whatever somewhat
> special character and press 'store', it just cuts off all my previously
> entered text just before the special character...

Full UTF-8 support will be offered in 1.3.  You can download this from
the SVN repo and test it if you'd like (although I wouldn't use it for
a production system just yet).

  --Brian

--
Brian Koontz