[wikka-community] bnf for syntax

Dave Pawson dave.pawson
Sat Sep 5 12:46:05 GMT 2009

2009/9/5 Brian Koontz <brian at wikkawiki.org>:
> On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 03:43:48PM +0100, Dave Pawson wrote:
>> Hi, working with a wikkawiki user, I'm looking
>> to convert the wiki syntax into docbook XML.
>>
>> Wondering if anyone has produced bnf definition for the
>> wikkawiki 'language' please?
>
> Not that I know of...
>
> ?--Brian
>
> --
> Brian Koontz
> Wikka Development Team
> Systems Support and Random Tasking Dept.

There's a wiki BNF at
http://dirkriehle.com/2008/01/09/an-xml-interchange-format-for-wiki-creole-10/
for an 'agreed' generlisation of wiki markup.
  I tried it with ANTLR, and even after a full day of reduction it is
still showing
errors and hundreds of warnings, so I gave up.

I'm 80% there with a Python wikka to docbook 5 transform.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.