[wikka-community] Redirect

ddevine ddevine
Tue Feb 5 15:22:18 GMT 2008

Dario Taraborelli wrote:
> You may want to consider transparent redirections giving a permanently
> moved (301) reponse using Apache's mod_alias:
>
> RedirectPermanent /foo http://foobar.com/foo
>
> If you prefer RewriteRules you can create permanent redirections via a
> [R=permanent,L] flag
>
> 301 redirections are considered as the best solution in terms from a
> SEO point of view

> On 4 Feb 2008, at 20:00, Brian Koontz wrote:
>
>> Derrick, responded to your comment on the wiki site before I read
>> this...something like this will work:
>>
>> RewriteRule ^index.php.*$ HomePage/
>>
>> Just place it immediately prior to the rewrite rule containing
>> "wikka.php?wakka=".
>>
>> From the HomePage you can redirect as necessary.  Or, make rewrite
>> rules that identify specific mediawiki pages, one for each page you
>> want to rewrite.
>>
>>  --Brian
>>
>> --
>> Brian Koontz
>> Wikka Development Team
>> Systems Support and Random Tasking Dept.
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 08:38:47AM -0500, ddevine wrote:
>>> I've spoken with a few of you via email and IRC about my migration back
>>> to wikka from mediawiki.  One of the problems I'm facing right now is
>>> that the front page of mediawiki was /index.php?=Main_Page.  Now
>>> everyone that goes to find the main documentation page via a static
>>> html
>>> homepage included on every single pclinuxos release since 2007 will
>>> come
>>> to a page not found would you like to create it message.

Unfortunately, neither one of these tricks are working. :(  I was hoping
for a way that the wiki could redirect.  FYI, I use site5 for my
hosting.  Here's my .htaccess:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php
#RewriteEngine On
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?title=$1 [L,QSA]
#Options +FollowSymLinks
#RewriteBase /docs
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^(.*/[^\./]*[^/])$ $1/
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ wikka.php?wakka=$1 [QSA,L]
</IfModule>
RewriteRule ^index.php.*$ HomePage/
Redirect permanent http://docs.mypclinuxos.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://docs.mypclinuxos.com/

You can see from the Redirect permanent rule above what I'm trying to
get done. :/

--

Derrick Devine, Technical Writer
phone: (919) 851-3984 x2151