[wikka-community] REVISION_DISPLAY_LIMIT_MAX

Mike Shultz mike at votesmart.org
Wed Sep 25 15:21:25 UTC 2013

I think it might be useful to go into future versions, sure.  Especially if
I'll have to keep updating actions/usersettings.php on every upgrade. Users
brought this to me because they wanted to see the full list/history of a
page and its revisions.  When storing policy documents and things like
that, it's good to be able to see how they've changed over the years(and
who made what changes).

Thanks, this solution seems to work okay.  However, a better way of doing
this is to maybe paginate all previous revisions, if possible.  I imagine
on busy public wikis, this could easily go into thousands of revisions.

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 2:55 PM, Brian Koontz <brian at wikkawiki.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 03:49:52PM -0600, Mike Shultz wrote:
> > Is there a way to set REVISION_DISPLAY_LIMIT_MAX in the config without
> > having to edit usersettings.php?
> >
> > I'd rather not have these changes wiped out on every upgrade.
>
> Mike, try this:
>
> 1.  Add the following line to wikka.config.php (not the last line):
>
> 'revision_display_limit_max' => '5',
>
> 2.  Copy the attached file to your actions/ directory (or diff it to
> see what changes I made).
>
> Basically, you can retrieve any value in wikka.config.php in actions
> and handlers using the following construct:
>
> $this->config['my_new_parameter']
>
> Now that I'm re-reading your email, are you asking that future
> versions of WW include this setting in wikka.config.php?
>
>   --Brian
>

> --
> Brian Koontz
> Wikka Development Team
> Systems Support and Random Tasking Dept.

Mike Shultz
Web Developer
Project Vote Smart