[wikka-community] wikka moved to subdomain = base_url problem

242.solaris 242.solaris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 18:28:31 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,
is still list active?

The main wikka website seems down, so...

I'm an "old" wikka user and I like it.
I have run it on my website for quite a while.
Recently I moved it to a subfolder (that's a subdomain as well) and
a problem appeared...

Before, it was like this:
http://www.example.com/wakka.php?wikka=index

Now, I want it here:
http://subdomain.example.com/wakka.php?wikka=index

BUT when I point the browser to:
http://subdomain.example.com/
it redirects me to "www", like this:
http://www.example.com/wakka.php?wikka=index
i.e., like before...

If I point to:
http://subdomain.example.com/wakka.php?wikka=index
the page shows up.

BUT all the internal links point to "www", like this
http://www.example.com/subdomain/wakka.php?wikka=SomeLink

I can not understand why but it keeps considering "www" as the base
url or base href.

I even tried to hard-code the base href in the header.php, it does show up
as I set it in the source code of the page but the links are incorrect.

another "funny" thing is that if I use the format
http://www.example.com/subdomain/wakka.php?wikka=Whatever
all the links are ok (of course, since there "www" it's in use),
but I want to use the format
http://subdomain.example.com/wakka.php?wikka=Whatever

Anyone here has any clue?
Thanks in advance!