[wikka-community] 1.3.2 setup

Brian Koontz brian
Mon Oct 10 23:57:43 GMT 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 04:46:02PM +0700, John Francis Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up 1.3.2, but no matter what I do I get
>
>   Testing Configuration
>
>   Testing MySQL connection settings... FAILED

John--

Are you attempting to upgrade an existing installation?  Also, have
you checked the PHP and/or MySQL error logs?  Usually the cause of
this is (1) incorrect hostname (usually localhost, but hosted
providers often set this up to be host-specific) or (2) non-existing
user/database and/or incorrect password.  I see you've pretty much
eliminated (2), so I'd check to make sure localhost is a valid
hostname.

Can you log into MySQL via the command line?  Whatever works on the
command line should work with WikkaWiki.

> I thought I'd look for a sample wikka.config.php and modify it by
> hand, but I don't see one.

This is auto-generated by the installation script.

  --Brian

--
Brian Koontz
Wikka Development Team