[wikka-community] Cannot delete files

Brian Koontz brian
Wed Mar 16 22:59:27 GMT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 08:30:21PM -0400, Donghan (Jarod) Wang wrote:
> Hey Brian,
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> I am using Centos 5.5. The owner of the uploads directory is the
> apache server account, and its permission is 755. Thanks,

Is this on a virtual machine?  If so, and if the file being uploaded
is being saved as the apache owner, but your process is running under
your username, there will be problems.  As a temporary test, change
your perms on uploads/ as well as the subdirectory to 777 and then see
if you can delete.  If so, then it's not a Wikka problem, but a
hosting issue.  See if your hosting provider can set you up so the
webserver process runs under your username (this will also prevent
problems with any other PHP apps you're running).

FWIW, I have the same issue on one of my hosted servers. What I ended
up doing was creating my uploads directory and any pages
(subdirectories) under it owned by my username, rather than letting
apache do it.  But be careful: Some hosting providers depend upon the
group owner being "users", and then having perms like 707 to keep
other users from accessing.

  --Brian

--
Brian Koontz