[wikka-community] Upgrading 1.2p1 to 1.3.1-rc1 lost admin password

Brian Koontz brian
Sun Mar 13 21:55:28 GMT 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 06:41:17PM -0400, Victor Khangulov wrote:
> I just reverted back to the previous version (1.2-p1) and the login
> works fine.  The same string of characters appears under the password in
> the wikka_users table in 1.3.1 as does in 1.2-p1.
>
> I also checked if I revert only the files, not sql database, back to
> 1.2-p1, and the login works there too.

OK, I believe this is the "challenge field" bug that I fixed a couple
of hours ago (http://wush.net/trac/wikka/ticket/1043).  This is
something of a showstopper, so I'll be posting RC2 very soon that
addresses this (as well as a few other additional issues).

If you are able, you can export the current 1.3.1 branch and test:

svn export https://wush.net/svn/wikka/branches/1.3.1 <your-wikka-dir>/

Or you can apply the changes yourself:

http://wush.net/trac/wikka/changeset/1771
http://wush.net/trac/wikka/changeset/1772

Everyone: Keep in mind these are BETA releases, so please don't
install these in a production environment!

  --Brian

--
Brian Koontz
Wikka Development Team