[wikka-community] Login problem Wikka 1.3.1

Karl Stiller karl.stiller
Fri Apr 15 19:55:00 GMT 2011

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is this has been previously resolved, but I can?t find any
information about this on the site.

I recently installed Wikkia 1.3.1 on my local machine.  I managed to install
it with after overcoming a few problems looks great, loads nicely, however
there is one remaining problem that is.. well
 very very annoying! :-)
Basically it doesn?t let any user login.  I have tried the administrator
login, a user I registered, requesting the password reminder and loging in
with that, all to no avail.  After pressing the login button it simply..
loads the same page up again.

Some tests that I?ve made to try to discover the problem:

?         Login with a user that doesn?t exist: Reports that the user does
not exist.

?         Login with a user that does exist, but with the wrong password:
Reports that the password is incorrect.

So it seems to be accessing the database correctly
 but I can?t discover
anything further.  Another possible point is that I don?t receive any email
when I register a user or any email after I installed it.  Is this correct?
I do receive an email when requesting the password reminder.

Any hints?  Any way I perhaps print out a log file and see what?s going on?
Note that I have 0 knowledge in PHP.

The nitty gritty:

Windows XP SP3

Apache 2.2.17

MySQL 5.5.8

PHP 5.3.5

Cheers!

Karl Stiller
Engenharia de Desenvolvimento
 <mailto:karl.stiller at tsi.com.br> karl.stiller
<mailto:karl.stiller at tsi.com.br> @tsi.com.br

Telem?tica Sistemas Inteligentes Ltda.
Rua Miguel Casagrande, 200 Freguesia do ?
CEP 02714-000 S?o Paulo Brasil
Tel.:  55 11 3933 6319

 <http://www.tsi.com.br/>

  _____

Aten??o: as informa??es existentes nessa mensagem s?o para uso restrito,
sendo seu sigilo protegido por lei.
Caso n?o seja destinat?rio, saiba que leitura, divulga??o ou c?pia s?o
proibidos. Favor apagar as informa??es
e notificar o remetente.  O uso impr?prio ser? tratado conforme as normas da
empresa e a legisla??o em vigor.

The information contained in this message is restricted, and its
confidentiality protected by law. In case you are

not the addressee, be aware that the reading, spreading and copy of this
message is unauthorized. Please, delete

this message and notify the sender. The improper use of this information
will be treated according the company's

internal rules and legal laws.