[wikka-community] Wikkawiki doesn't work at free.fr

Brian Koontz brian
Tue Apr 5 00:23:53 GMT 2011

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 10:50:58PM +0200, David VANTYGHEM wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to upgrade a Wikkawiki site on free.fr but it doesn't work :
> Wikka requires PHP 5.0 or higher!
> free.fr is one of the last free hoster and the bigger in France. They
> don't use php5 for the moment. How could I modify wikkawiki to have it
> working?

David, you might try setting the MINIMUM_PHP_VERSION define in
wikka.php to '4.0'.  But you'll be on your own with this -- we decided
two years ago that we would begin incorporating features from PHP 5
for the 1.3.x release.  There are likely to be some incompatibilities
with PHP 4.

Someone needs to remind free.fr that PHP 4 has been EOL'd since 2007,
with security fixes ending in 2008.

  --Brian

--
Brian Koontz