[wikka-community] initial install for a newbie

John Williams JLWILL22 JLWILL22
Mon Sep 13 13:03:21 GMT 2010

Brian,
I installed version 1.2.  The 'rewrite_mode' and 'base_url' variables were
already set to the values you recommended in the wikka.config.php file. Is
there another file that these variables should be modified in?
John

Brian Koontz <brian at wikkawiki.org>
Sent by: community-bounces at wikkawiki.org
09/10/2010 07:53 PM
Please respond to
A list open for contributors to discuss Wikka development
<community at wikkawiki.org>

A list open for contributors to discuss Wikka development
<community at wikkawiki.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [wikka-community] initial install for a newbie

John--

This is an odd one.  What version did you install?  My first
inclination is to have you disable mod_rewrite mode (set
'rewrite_mode' => 0 and 'base_url' =>
'http://your.path.to.wiki/wikka.php?wakka=') and test again, just to
rule out a mod_rewrite issue.

  --Brian

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:37:29AM -0400, John Williams JLWILL22 wrote:
> I recently installed wikkawiki on OpenBSD 4.7 with php 5.2.12 and mysql
> server 5.1.42.  I followed the instructions supplied on wikkawiki.org,
and
> successfully completed the setup.  However, when the initial page is
> launched I see the wiki name:hompage and then the following messages:
> Formatter "wakka" not found
> Unknown method "page/show.php"
> Unknown method "page/backlinks.php"
> The database was populated during the initial setup and the wikka files
> are located in the default web folder /var/www/htdocs.
> Any assistance with getting this up and running would be greatly
> appreciated.

Brian Koontz
Wikka Development Team
Systems Support and Random Tasking Dept.