[wikka-community] Php5?

Peter Brooks peter.h.m.brooks
Fri Nov 19 06:22:04 GMT 2010

I've just installed wikka, but I get lots of error messages on the
first screen. For example:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is
deprecated in /Users/peterbrooks/Sites/Wikka/libs/Compatibility.lib.php
on line 135

then

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session
cookie - headers already sent by (output started at
/Users/peterbrooks/Sites/Wikka/libs/Compatibility.lib.php:135) in
/Users/peterbrooks/Sites/Wikka/setup/default.php on line 6

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session
cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at
/Users/peterbrooks/Sites/Wikka/libs/Compatibility.lib.php:135) in
/Users/peterbrooks/Sites/Wikka/setup/default.php on line 6

I'm using OS/X 10.6.5 and google chrome. I downloaded wikka 1.2.

The errors look as if it's a version problem. OS/X uses php5. Should I
be using the more current, but less stable daily releases?

Is there a new stable release due soon? I see that 1.2 is over a year old.