[wikka-community] permissions on wikka.config.php

john francis lee jfl
Thu Dec 30 04:05:00 GMT 2010

On 12/30/2010 08:27:31 AM, Brian Koontz wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 10:07:04AM +0700, john francis lee wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I installed WakkaWikki and then set the permissions on
> wikka.config.php
> > to 600, thinking that would give me some protection from the bandit
> > websters, but now WakkaWikki wants to reconfigure itself when I try
> > edit my home page. Then I changed permissions on the config
> directory
> > to 700 and now my wikki has disappeared.
>
> It's trying to reconfigure because it can't find wikka.config.php.
> Try 444.  The problem with 600 is that if your apache user isn't the
> same as the file user, it won't be readable by the php module, and
> Wikka will think you're trying to reinstall.
>
> If you have IRC, I'll be on #wikka (freenode) for a bit longer...
>
>   --Brian

Yeah, apache runs as www-data... I

  chmod 444 wikka.config.php

and now it works. But now anyone can read my passwords aand other
settings, right?

I left config/ at 700. wikka.config.php is in the root... maybe it
shouldn't be?

--
"This message may have been intercepted and read by U.S. government
agencies including the FBI, CIA, and NSA and/or the present government

John Francis Lee
246/3 Thanon Kaew Wai
Mueang Chiangrai 57000
Thailand