[wikka-community] replacing wikka-login/authentication with apache htaccess/htusers

Will Woodhull wwoodhull
Sat Aug 28 14:51:41 GMT 2010

This question seems to be the same as

       "Does anyone know how to extract the cleartext passwords from
Wikkawiki?"

I would hope that if there is anyone who has cracked the Wikkawiki security
scheme, they will keep their mouth shut.

Good security is a bother. It always keeps you from doing things the easiest
way.

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 6:17 AM, flurios <flurios at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> for a project we replaced the authentication and login process with
> apache htaccess/htusers-authentication.
>
> I would like to migrate another existing wikkawiki to this solution,
> but there is a problem:
>
> apache "salts" the md5 passwords and php/wikka doesn't. so I can't
> just copy the password hashes.
>
> I don't want to force everyone to set a new password. does anyone have
> an idea how this could be acomplished?
>
> Cheers,

Will Woodhull