[wikka-community] help for a newbie

Grace Stanat grace
Mon Apr 5 17:18:43 GMT 2010

Brian & Erik:

Thanks very much for responding - much appreciated!

I should have been more clear; I want to what Brian described as "the
former." I'd like to hide the whole wiki from the public, but of course
I need a page where people can register. In an ideal world, the admin
would approve that registration before it becomes active. So my follow
up questions are:

1. Currently I'm using UR_validation_modules and UR_InviteCode_password
in the config file. This works in terms of limiting registrations, but
it would be better if registrants simply sat in a pile somewhere until
the admin approved them (like in a standard forum, for example). If this
is possible on WikkaWiki, that would be great.

2. Is it easy to explain to me how to use htpasswd and/or htdigest? I
don't see them in the config file.

3. I think I've figured out how to let users upload files (pix and pdf
is really all i need), but I haven't been able to successfully include
any of the pix inline on the pages. I've tried linking to url of the
pic, but it seems to go into the infinitely-repeating url that doesn't
work. Any suggestions?

--

Erik: Thanks for the tips regarding the default setting in the config.
Since I've just launched the wiki, I can manage to do them all without

--

On an unrelated note... though I am certainly grateful for your quick
response, it does seem like the absence of a forum (and thus a

In any case, thanks for doing such great work on WikkaWiki - I'm looking
forward to using it!

Grace