[wikka-community] Deprecated and cookie errors on fresh install

Brian Koontz brian
Thu Sep 17 04:25:43 GMT 2009

Joseph--

Surprisingly, the problem might not have anything to do with all this
(we do need to clean up the deprecation warnings in the next release,
now that we are "officially" moving on to PHP5!).

Look at your session cookie, and check the path.  It sounds like the
session cookie can't be found between page submits.  It's a known
problem with some webserver setups.

  --Brian

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:36:56PM -0500, Joseph Theriot wrote:
> Love Wikka Wiki, but having issues installing fresh copy of 1.2.
> I'm using Mac OSX Snow Leopard(fresh install also).  I was having the
> problem on Leopard.
> I'm using Xampp which uses PHP 5.3.
> When I hit the installation screen I get 4 Deprecated errors folowed by two
> session start errors included below.
> I go ahead and enter my information into the forms and submit, but am
> returned to the same screen as before with the same errors.  It's as if I
> refreshed the screen.

Brian Koontz
Wikka Development Team
Systems Support and Random Tasking Dept.