[wikka-community] JFusion and Wiki converters

morten hundevad fannoj
Fri Oct 2 12:08:22 GMT 2009

Hehe, i am already in the list =).

The usernames are not a problem yet. I chose to ignore it for now ever all
lowcase names work.

On Oct 2, 2009 12:15 p.m., "Erlend Sogge Heggen" <e.soghe at gmail.com> wrote:

Hiya guys, figured I'd might as well join the mailing list as I keep coming
up with a couple points I want to bring up every once in a while. To
continue where me and Dario left off on the blog;
( http://blog.wikkawiki.org/2009/09/11/how-to-design-themes-for-wikkawiki/ )

It seems the naming convention might prove to cause some difficulties after
all:
http://www.jfusion.org/index.php/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1743&start=30#p26744

Fanno did however set up a demo with Wikka+Joomla integration working fairly
well already which is pretty cool :) I would strongly recommend getting in
touch with the JFusion developers and see how you can help one another.

Bottom line, the sooner Wikka's username's become more 'liberal' the better.
I believe JFusion 2.0 is aiming for release around november, but nothing set
in stone just yet.

---

Secondly, I was wondering if there are currently any conversion tools
available for converting a popular wiki over to Wikka? The available
converters over at SimpleMachines.org is a good example of a very
comprehensive database of converters:
http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters

Personally, for Wikka, I would love to have one for DokuWiki, and I bet a
lot of people would like to see one for MediaWiki as well.

Any plans / resources I'm unaware of?

Cheers,

~ Erlend