[wikka-community] Difficulties to install and to use Wikka

charlie charles.phg
Mon May 11 19:32:40 GMT 2009

Hi Jens,

I don't know why but I cannot log in with any user, including AdminUser.

I don't have EDIT in the footer menu of pages with a W:+ acl. I must have a
W:* acl.

About "textsearch" action, I've found that the system cannot find a word
with less than 5 charts (???).
Maybe there's a parameter to set ?

Regards

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jens Giesemann" <jens at giesemann.net>
To: "A list open for contributors to discuss Wikka development"
<community at wikkawiki.org>
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 11:09 PM
Subject: Re: [wikka-community] Difficulties to install and to use Wikka

hi charlie,

there are "textsearch" and "textsearchexpanded" actions. textsearch
gives only the page link, textsearchexpanded also a text snippet around
the match, like google.

both are using the mysql fulltext search feature and therefore they are
depending of the mysql settings. so you might suffer unexpected effects
due to costumized mysql settings.

both actions are looking for whole words, so you may have to add an
asterisk: *

both search actions return only pages you are allowed to read. if you
aren't logged in, you won't find matches on pages without R:* acl.

do you have EDIT in your footer menu of pages with a W:+ acl after
logging in? if not, you are not logged in. there was a similar thread
some weeks ago, i remember. the solution was something like: logging
action could not establish the session cookie on the users machine, so
he never got logged in. i'm not familiar with cookies and session
management, but this might be a hint for you.

regards,

jens