[wikka-community] Translations and XML

Dario Taraborelli dartar
Tue Jun 16 11:02:10 GMT 2009

Masin sort of answered to your questions :) There was a discussion
somewhere (I am not sure it was on the dev mailing list or the
website) as to whether we should use PHP constants or arrays or even a
core method for string translation. We didn't consider XML for the
reasons that Masin pointed out. I think we also discarded .po files as
an option considering that this would scare away less *nix-minded
translators. There would definitely be a mechanism to override the
system defaults with custom translations (similar to what we are doing
with plugin path overrides).

Dario