[wikka-community] problem with {{files}}

Alexander Rust agrust
Fri Jun 12 22:20:10 GMT 2009

Hi,

seems you're right. with 777 permission it works fine. but it does not look good to me to grand this.

to log in to ftp i use the standard ftp user the provider created automaticaly.

the create-new-folder trick won't work via ftp.

but the trick works in this way:

- downloaded my files from the uploads/AlexRust folder
- deleted the uploads/AlexRust folder
- grand 777 on uploads
- open the wiki page with a {{files}} action
- upload a file -> this caused the creation of a new folder with the right owner
- upload all the other files

hope now all is well ;)

many thanks
Alex

> Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:19:39 -0500
> From: brian at wikkawiki.org
> To: community at wikkawiki.org
> Subject: Re: [wikka-community] problem with {{files}}
>
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:52:24PM +0200, Alexander Rust wrote:
> >
> > Hello Brian,
> >
> > thanks for your reply. the /www/htdocs/AlexRust folder is owned by
> > my provider. i also have phpbb3 installed and downloaded an avantar.
>
> And what user are you running under?
>
> I've seen situations with hosting providers in the past where folders
> were created under one user (for example, "apache"), but with 0755
> perms, were unwritable by the user.
>
> A quick test would be to simply change the perms to 0777 and see if
> that fixes things.  (You probably won't be able to do it, though, with
> a folder not owned by you...the trick is to copy the folder elsewhere,
> and create a new folder with the same name, at which point you'll now
> be the owner.)
>
> I'm afraid this isn't a Wikka problem, but a hosting issue.  Let me
> know how you fare.
>
>   --Brian

http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M0906xIE8_MSN3
Hol Dir den neuen Internet Explorer 8 mit MSN-Toolbar