[wikka-community] problem with {{files}}

Brian Koontz brian
Fri Jun 12 20:19:39 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:52:24PM +0200, Alexander Rust wrote:

> Hello Brian,
>
> thanks for your reply. the /www/htdocs/AlexRust folder is owned by
> my provider. i also have phpbb3 installed and downloaded an avantar.

And what user are you running under?

I've seen situations with hosting providers in the past where folders
were created under one user (for example, "apache"), but with 0755
perms, were unwritable by the user.

A quick test would be to simply change the perms to 0777 and see if
that fixes things.  (You probably won't be able to do it, though, with
a folder not owned by you...the trick is to copy the folder elsewhere,
and create a new folder with the same name, at which point you'll now
be the owner.)

I'm afraid this isn't a Wikka problem, but a hosting issue.  Let me
know how you fare.

  --Brian