[wikka-community] SEO friendly version in the works?

Brian Koontz brian
Sun Jun 7 22:50:16 GMT 2009

On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 04:17:32PM -0500, Leonidas wrote:
> Is a SEO friendly version of Wikkawiki in the works? Although
> the url inks are pretty clean themselves already I have to
> wonder if Google's search bots can read CamelCase urls.

Google doesn't seem to have a problem with the CamelCase URLs.
And I've added new actions on the wiki ({{title}} and {{meta}})
with instructions on how to install.  Have you seen Google's
optimization guide[1]?  The idea for these two actions came from the
guide.  We don't have a specific milestone dedicated to SEO
enhancements, but I'm keeping track of SEO hacks I've made to my
own business WikkaWiki site[2].

[1] http://www.google.com/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf
[2] http://wikkawiki.org/SEOHacks

  --Brian