[wikka-community] Using RewriteRules causes 403 Forbidden error

flurios flurios
Thu Jul 30 05:29:50 GMT 2009

Hi everyone,

I tried installing wikka on a new vserv (freebsd, apache2).

I moved the htaccess content into the Virtualhost-Config
(<Directory>...</Directory>).

But when I activate the rewrite engine I keep getting
> 403 Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.

The error log states
> [Thu Jul 30 06:51:12 2009] [error] [client 77.X.X.X] Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule directive is forbidden: ...myurl...

Although I did set Options +FollowSymLinks...

Did I mess up with the apache config, or do I have some error a ton of
people have (I searched the web...)

Well...

Any ideas?

Cheers,