[wikka-community] Try out the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!

Brian Koontz brian
Mon Jul 20 02:04:38 GMT 2009

All--

As a proof of concept, I've written a gopher proxy specifically for
WikkaWiki.  I invite you all to check it out, put it through its
paces, and provide feedback.  I wrote this because I believe the more
pathways we provide to gopher content, the more likely we might be to
attract new followers.  This proxy basically permits a WikkaWiki owner
to serve up gopher content "natively."  I think it's rather cool.

Also, I just wanted to see if I could actually *write* a gopher proxy
:)

Some additonal rationale behind my motives can be found here:

http://wikkawiki.org/WikkaGopher

At any rate, here's the link to the proxy:

http://wikkacase.org/wiki/GopherProxy

There should be no need to register a username.

Right now, it points by default to Cameron Kaiser's floodgap gopher server.
But you should be able to follow any gopher links to other servers you
find (or feel free to simply modify the URI).

If you want to leave a comment, you can do it right on the page.  I'll
leave this open until the spambots discover it.

If anyone's interested in the code, I'd be glad to send it along.  No
docs to speak of, as it's still very much beta.

  --Brian

--
Brian Koontz
Wikka Development Team