[wikka-community] Limiting access?

Brian Koontz brian
Tue Feb 3 19:36:48 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 02:02:18PM -0500, Leon wrote:
> I want deny access by the FDA's webcrawler (Food and Drug Administration) to
> any of the content pages of my wiki. My valid users will always start from
> my webstore (www.PrecisionHerbs.com) when entering the wiki (currently a
> separate IP address - 208.112.55.55).

The best place to do this is in your .htaccess file.  Unless your
webstore is acting as a proxy, the user's actual IP address will be
the originating IP, so you probably just want to exclude addresses
from the .fda.gov domain (or whatever domain the FDA uses):

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
allow from all
deny from .fda.gov
</Limit>

You'll want to create deny rules for every domain/IP range you think
the FDA will use to crawl your site.

  --Brian