[wikka-community] Cannot log in successfully

Brian Koontz brian
Mon Apr 6 04:05:54 GMT 2009

Kyle, the cookie paths being generated by your server are incorrect.
The path should be /wikka...for some reason, they are being set to
/cgi-system/php.cg.  I modified the cookies sent by your server to the
correct path, and I was able to register and log in successfully.

The cookie path is set within wikka.php, and depends upon
$_SERVER[SCRIPT_NAME] returning a value that reflects the base_url
that is set in wikka.config.php.  Normally, the default installation
takes care of all this for you, so if you've got some aliases set up
or have modified your .htaccess with additional rewrite rules,
you'll have to figure out what needs to be done so that your cookies
have the correct path set.  The easiest thing to do might be to modify
WIKKA_COOKIE_PATH in wikka.php directly.

  --Brian

--
Brian Koontz
Wikka Development Team