[wikka-community] community Digest, Vol 23, Issue 2

Alok Mohindra alok.mohindra
Sat Nov 8 20:15:52 GMT 2008

Hi, it looks like I fixed it by wiping the directory and doing a new
install. For some reason this time the .htaccess file copied correctly
from Wikka and all is well in the world. I can't wait to populate this
with real content.

Thanks for your help. I'm still not sure what caused the bug and may
where do I submit this bug report? This is truly the cleanest and
simplest wiki system I have ever used. I can't wait to contribute to
the community.

Congrats on a great job,

Alok

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 07:22:14PM -0500, Brian Koontz wrote

>* Hey Tormond,*

**>* Thanks for the quick response. I tried your approach but it broke
all my*>* existing wiki links. No biggie as it is a new installation.
I re-installed*>* from scratch being careful to keep the base url
clean and that url_rewrite*>* is enabled, but now I am getting a '404
Not Found Error' when I go to '*>*
http://wiki.arkalumen.com/HomePage'*
Alok, your server mod_rewrite installation appears to be broken.  It doesn't
appear to be a WikkaWiki problem.

I can resolve this just fine:
http://wiki.arkalumen.com/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage

This indicates a working WikkaWiki installation.  The links on the
wiki appear as:
http://wiki.arkalumen.com/WantedPages

This indicates that you have (as Tormod pointed out) set "rewrite_mode
=> '1'" in your wikka.config.php.  This is also working correctly.

However, your server is not resolving these links correctly.  You need
to fix mod_rewrite on your server.

Post your .htaccess file here (just the part after <IfModule
mod_rewrite.c>).  Verify that mod_rewrite is actually enabled on your
server.  Check the suggestions here:http://docs.wikkawiki.org/ModRewrite

Usually one of the devs is on the IRC channel (freenode, #wikka) if
you want to stop by there.

  --Brian

--
Brian Koontz