[wikka-community] community Digest, Vol 23, Issue 2

Alok Mohindra alok.mohindra
Sat Nov 8 00:22:14 GMT 2008

Hey Tormond,

Thanks for the quick response. I tried your approach but it broke all my
existing wiki links. No biggie as it is a new installation. I re-installed
from scratch being careful to keep the base url clean and that url_rewrite
is enabled, but now I am getting a '404 Not Found Error' when I go to '
http://wiki.arkalumen.com/HomePage'

I am a bit confused as I tried a clean install twice now with the same
results both times. (All tests pass but the page gives me a 404 error)

Here is a screenshot of my config: Initial
Configuraton<http://img.skitch.com/20081108-g9wh836keg8kt4fjbt7m4s73yt.jpg>
And here is my wikka.config.php<http://pastie.textmate.org/private/w3e5ncqfhlvwvt6ngzv3g>

I'm probably missing something simple, but not sure where to start.

thank,
Alok

> [wikka-community] Help with error on double-click to edit with fresh new
Wikka install

> Tormod Haugen tormodh at wikkawiki.org
> Fri Nov 7 12:36:34 EST 2008
> ________________________________
>
> Hi Alok,
>
> I've reproduced your problem. The trouble is that you have (somehow)
> url rewrite on, but the base url (in wikka.config.php) is set as if it
> was off. This might be a hitch in the install procedure, or a slight
> misreading of the install instructions.
>
> Anyway:
> 1) Make a backup of wikka.config.php
> 2) Try removing "wikka.php?wakka=" from the end of base_url in
> wikka.config.php, and then making sure that rewrite_mode is set to 1
> in the same file, and that .htaccess in the same folder has
> RewriteEngine On. I am confident that these are set, as I couldn't
> reproduce it otherwise.
> 3) ... (Reload http://wiki.arkalumen.com)
> 4) Profit!
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Tormod.
>
> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Alok Mohindra <alok.mohindra at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am a brand new user and had my installation go down without a hitch
except
> > for one small bug. When I 'double-click to edit' any page on my Wiki,
> > instead of being able to edit the page, I get the following error:
Unknown