[wikka-community] Q: How safe is it to store passwords in Wikka-Wiki?

Michaël Perez perez.mick
Wed May 14 16:28:05 GMT 2008

Hi guys,

First of all, a very big thank you for wikka wiki. I've got a personal wiki
running, and since 6 months the company I work for has agreed on a wiki
trial. I can assure you they're hooked. Normal people, no IT background are
very happy to use it, at work, at home, wireless. Even my girlfriend is
using it :)
Everybody loves it!

Some of the users have been storing their user names & passwords in a
personal wikka page with the ACL specifically set to them only. I reckon
this is insecure, since the passwords are sent clear text to the clients.
I'm not very knowledgeable about https or SSL but would it help if the wiki
is run over a secure line? Can wikkawiki run via https? Maybe I'm asking
silly questions...

Or maybe a totally different question... Do you know safe & robust open
source web password safe software?

Thanks again for all the hard work. I (and everybody around me) really
appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Mick