[wikka-community] The cookie in wikka doesn't follow the RFC

mahefa randimbisoa dotmg
Thu May 8 15:25:43 GMT 2008

We have 2 problems here:

1) cookie name should not contain @. For this, you just change the
value of the config
wiki_suffix by removing the @. The needed patch is about adding code
to automatically remove old cookies on the next visit.

2) Wikka cookies should live only on Wikka path, ie, if you install
WikkaWiki at /wiki/, applications installed in /cgi-bin/ for example
should not be interferred with Wikka cookies. This is (going to be)
fixed in 1.1.7

I'll create a ticket to change the default value of wiki_suffix.

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Walter Cruz <walter.php at gmail.com> wrote:
> The '@' is not allowed in the cookie name, according to the
>  http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2068.html .
>
>  I have discovered this by publishing a python app in the same server
>  than wikka :) Python Cookie Lib is sensible enough to this cookies
>  (You can search 'CookieError: Illegal key value')
>
>  Can this be changed to another thing?
>
>  I could send a patch, if you wish.
>
>  []'s
>  - Walter

Work hard at whatever you do! (Ecc. 9. 10a, CEV)
Mahefa