[wikka-community] Help with final testing needed

Brian Koontz brian
Thu Mar 20 15:48:24 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:59:50AM -0400, ddevine wrote:
> Dario Taraborelli wrote:
> >> Still no dice on displaying any boxes with version information.
> >>

> > then your server probably runs with "allow_url_fopen" disabled (you
> > can check this in a phpinfo file)

Derrick--

I just tested it on our main wiki site (running on site5), and it works
as expected.

You're sure 'enable_version_check' => '1' is in your config file?
You've got {{checkversion}} at the top of a page?
You can access the following URL?

http://wikkawiki.org/downloads/latest_version.txt

Other than that, I really can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work.

I would put some debug statements in the checkversion.php file...maybe
'echo $ip' after the call to gethostbyname(), and 'echo $latest' after the
'$latest = array_pop...' call.  If you get a valid IP address, but
there's no output from 'echo $latest', then it's likely the connection is
timing out for some reason unrelated to checkversion.

  --Brian