[wikka-community] Help with final testing needed

Brian Koontz brian
Thu Mar 20 02:27:19 GMT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 07:31:51PM +0000, Dario Taraborelli wrote:
> Before we go live and announce the birth of 1.1.6.4 to the planet we
> would like to hear from a you about a new, admin-only action that was
> added to 1.1.6.4:  {{checkversion}}. As the name suggests, this action
> (documented here http://docs.wikkawiki.org/CheckVersionActionInfo)
> checks if upgrades are available from the Wikka server. It has been
> added to the default HomePage, Sysinfo and admin modules. It is
> visible to wiki admins only and should fail gracefully if the latest
> release information cannot be retrieved from the server for any reason.
>
> We would appreciate to hear from you if you can take the time to test
> this on different environments with non-standard configurations.

Please do NOT attempt to upgrade from 1.1.6.4 to 1.1.6.4-RC1 or from a
previous 1.1.6.4-RC1 tarball to this tarball using the
setup wizard unless you know what you are doing!  The wizard was never
intended to be used for this purpose.  Instead, just create a new wiki
instance and test with that.  It takes a couple of minutes to do, and you
won't affect current installations.

  --Brian

--
Brian Koontz