[wikka-community] Help with final testing needed

ddevine ddevine
Wed Mar 19 20:46:39 GMT 2008

Dario Taraborelli wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> the development of 1.1.6.4 is officially closed thanks to an
> impressive hacking/documenting marathon that kept Brian busy over the
> last 48h (thanks Brian!).
>
> Before we go live and announce the birth of 1.1.6.4 to the planet we
> would like to hear from a you about a new, admin-only action that was
> added to 1.1.6.4:  {{checkversion}}. As the name suggests, this action
> (documented here http://docs.wikkawiki.org/CheckVersionActionInfo)
> checks if upgrades are available from the Wikka server. It has been
> added to the default HomePage, Sysinfo and admin modules. It is
> visible to wiki admins only and should fail gracefully if the latest
> release information cannot be retrieved from the server for any reason.
>
> We would appreciate to hear from you if you can take the time to test
> this on different environments with non-standard configurations.
>
> 1. Grab a copy of the latest 1.1.6.4 revision from the
> SVN: http://tinyurl.com/2uqtyn
> 2. Install a fresh 1.1.6.4 or upgrade from Wikka < 1.1.6.4
> 3. Log in as an admin and check if you see a green badge on the
> HomePage or SysInfo announcing that "version 2.0 is available" (that's
> for debugging purposes).
> 4. Report any issue on the mailing list replying to this message
>
> Thanks for your help - we look forward to announcing the new release
> in the next few hours!
>
> Dario

Noticed this right away.  After installing the following pages are now
in CategoryAdmin:
AdminPages <http://docs.pclinuxos.com/AdminPages>
AdminPages <http://docs.pclinuxos.com/AdminPages>
AdminUsers <http://docs.pclinuxos.com/AdminUsers>
AdminUsers <http://docs.pclinuxos.com/AdminUsers>
DatabaseInfo <http://docs.pclinuxos.com/DatabaseInfo>
DatabaseInfo <http://docs.pclinuxos.com/DatabaseInfo>

Which is redundant of course...but why is it reading things twice?

--
Derrick Devine, Technical Writer
phone: (919) 851-3984 x2151