[wikka-community] Migrating to new server

Frank Kibbish kibbish
Tue Jun 24 20:36:53 GMT 2008

Our group is migrating to a new host, and therefore a new server.  The
normal process for this would of course be to install wikka before trying to
migrate any data, but before I was even told about this, our site
administrator did a massive copy/paste of every file in the wiki, and then
created a blank MySQL database on the server.  He then sent me a message and
asked me to create all the tables and migrate the SQL data from the old
server to the new.  In theory, this sounds like it should work, but is it
really that simple?  I tried doing it that way, but I keep getting an error
that says, "*The wiki is currently unavailable. Error: Unable to connect to
the MySQL database."

*I've updated the wikka.config.php file with the new database name, user
name and password, but obviously there's more to it than that.

(By the way, we're on 1.1.6.2.  I know we should upgrade, but I have a
limited window to get the site moved before our old hosting agreement
expires, so I'll do the upgrade later.)

Thanks,
  Frank

--