[wikka-community] Files action

Chris Bates chris
Sat Jul 26 16:34:56 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm using WikkaWiki to support a collaborative project with a number of
commercial partners and some University staff and students.  So far it
has been an impressive experience for most of us.  Everyone has enjoyed
the opportunity to collaborate through the sharing of information that
wikis provide.  None of the participants had used a wiki before but it's
fair to say that several of them will be doing so in future.

We've encountered one problem that is both odd and annoying.  We're
using the files action to share documents.  Most users can add and
download files easily enough.  Some, though, encounter problems.  A few
users, mostly at one client site, can see and edit any page except those
with attached files.  They can all see pages which contain the {{file}}
action and can use the file upload dialog but once a file has been
attached they get a blank page back (this has an empty <body> element).

One of these users is using IE6 on XP with service pack 2 installed.
The rest are using IE7 on XP.  The IE6 user is at a different company
from the IE7 users and is  able to use Firefox successfully.  To further
muddy the waters users with a mix of IE6, IE7 on both XP and Vista can
use the wiki without problems.

Has anyone experienced anything like this - and is there a work around?
It feels like a problem on the client side.

Due to their company's IT Policy the IE7 users with the problem are not
able to install other browsers.

Thanks.

--
Chris Bates