[wikka-community] Killer feature for Wikka

Dario Taraborelli dartar
Thu Feb 28 17:13:55 GMT 2008

Derrick,

> I think a great addition would be to integrate a charting
> application like gliffy.
> http://www.gliffy.com/
>
> This would be a fantastic way to do things and only Confluence
> currently supports it which is proprietary.

I was discussing this with Olivier when I bumped into an interesting
post from a biologist blogger with a very similar suggestion:

http://blog-msb.embo.org/blog/2007/04/a_visual_wiki_for_biological_n_1.html

We are actually planning to submit as a team an application for the
Google SOC 2008: a project like this (a plugin introducing support for
collaborative editing of diagrams) sounds like a really promising idea
if anyone is interested in working on this.

This could be part of a more general framework to implement support in
Wikka for different kinds of markup languages to be handled by
language-specific modules, each with their own editors and output
filters.

Dario Taraborelli
Wikka Development Team
http://wikkawiki.org