[wikka-community] Killer feature for Wikka

ddevine ddevine
Mon Feb 25 21:04:34 GMT 2008

Dario Taraborelli wrote:
> (forwarded from the dev list)
>
> All
>
> however fabulous 1.1.7 wil be in terms of improvements, stability and
> new functionality -- I'd like to hear from you what you would consider
> the missing killer feature for Wikka.
>
> Tormod's new table markup [1], introducing support for accessibility
> options and easy CSS styling for tables, is just fantastic and I'm
> sure it will attract a lot of interest, but it's not something really
> unique in the wiki world.
>
> Back in the old days, FreeMind support -- originally meant to be just
> a proof-of-concept -- turned out to be possily the most important
> selling point for Wikka ever.  Since Jason introduced mindmaps many
> other engines have been implementing this and crediting Wikka as a
> forerunner.
>
> Lately we have all been busy with a lot of coding to improve Wikka's
> architecture and performance, but I sometimes have the feeling we may
> have forgot our mission towards world domination :) So what if you
> should name the killer wiki feature for the 3rd millenium?
>
> I'm tempted to think that OpenID [2] and microformats [3] support
> could be good candidates. Wiki markup to embed Google Maps [4] was a
> nice idea but it starts looking so "last year" by now. Working towards
> WCAG conformance could also be interesting, but certainly less fancy
> for the big crowds out there.
>
> Have your say and be unpredictable

> [1]  http://docs.wikkawiki.org/TableMarkup
> [2]  http://wush.net/trac/wikka/ticket/546
> [3] http://wush.net/trac/wikka/ticket/515
> [4] http://wush.net/trac/wikka/ticket/224

I think a great addition would be to integrate a charting application
like gliffy.
http://www.gliffy.com/

This would be a fantastic way to do things and only Confluence currently
supports it which is proprietary.

--

Derrick Devine, Technical Writer
phone: (919) 851-3984 x2151