[wikka-community] Killer feature for Wikka

Dario Taraborelli dartar
Sat Feb 23 19:43:27 GMT 2008

(forwarded from the dev list)

All

however fabulous 1.1.7 wil be in terms of improvements, stability and
new functionality -- I'd like to hear from you what you would consider
the missing killer feature for Wikka.

Tormod's new table markup [1], introducing support for accessibility
options and easy CSS styling for tables, is just fantastic and I'm
sure it will attract a lot of interest, but it's not something really
unique in the wiki world.

Back in the old days, FreeMind support -- originally meant to be just
a proof-of-concept -- turned out to be possily the most important
selling point for Wikka ever.  Since Jason introduced mindmaps many
other engines have been implementing this and crediting Wikka as a
forerunner.

Lately we have all been busy with a lot of coding to improve Wikka's
architecture and performance, but I sometimes have the feeling we may
have forgot our mission towards world domination :) So what if you
should name the killer wiki feature for the 3rd millenium?

I'm tempted to think that OpenID [2] and microformats [3] support
could be good candidates. Wiki markup to embed Google Maps [4] was a
nice idea but it starts looking so "last year" by now. Working towards
WCAG conformance could also be interesting, but certainly less fancy
for the big crowds out there.

Have your say and be unpredictable

[1]  http://docs.wikkawiki.org/TableMarkup
[2]  http://wush.net/trac/wikka/ticket/546