[wikka-community] Guidelines for Wikka requirements and DB schema

Brian Koontz brian
Thu Feb 7 19:47:58 GMT 2008

> If a change in database schema is needed is it better to add a table
> or change the schema of existing one? Is there a page where changes of
> schema are reported? I believe all changes to schema should be stored
> in one place, so that people contributing their code know if their
> add-ons are compatible with other add-ons so that they don't break
> something (like original MostVisited action is incompatible with
> hiding pages -- it shows hidden pages too).

This comment really needs to be discussed within the context of
WkkaCase.  To try and figure this out without bringing WikkaCase
functionality into the picture simply delays the implementation of
WikkaCase, and generates more work for implementors.

Marjolein and I have been testing a WikkaCase framework that uses
Mantis for issues tracking, SVN for SCM, and submin for SVN admin
control. I would like to suggest that, since there have been no
comments generated despite several invitations to test and comment, we
move forward with Mantis/SVN/submin as the WikkaCase platform, and
draft a set of guidelines that will not only address KT's questions
but also other contrib-related issues.

Consequently, I have opened the WikkaCase design page for public
comment (http://wikkawiki.org/WikkaCase). This would be a good time to
move forward on this, as we are in the cusp of two releases (1.1.6.4
and 1.1.7) that have some significant arch changes that need to be
accomodated by WikkaCase.

  --Brian

--
Brian Koontz