[wikka-community] Guidelines for Wikka requirements and DB schema

Krzysztof Trybowski trybowski
Thu Feb 7 17:42:26 GMT 2008

Hello all,
since I'm rewriting some parts of Wikka for my own usage, and I
decided to contribute them back to the community, I need some
guidelines.

If a change in database schema is needed is it better to add a table
or change the schema of existing one? Is there a page where changes of
schema are reported? I believe all changes to schema should be stored
in one place, so that people contributing their code know if their
add-ons are compatible with other add-ons so that they don't break
something (like original MostVisited action is incompatible with
hiding pages -- it shows hidden pages too).

Also is there a document describing what are Wikkas requirements (ie:
what software/versions should add-on be compatible with). Is it true
that Wikka is keeping compatibility with databases without subquery
support? Is compatibility with DB other than MySQL required?

I read some quidelines regarding pane naming
(http://docs.wikkawiki.org/PageNamingConvention) -- does this mean,
that user contributions should be now moved to this new docs. server?

Regards, KT

--
Krzysztof Trybowski
  Gadu-Gadu: 1458144 --- Skype: trybowski