[wikka-community] Redirect

ddevine ddevine
Thu Feb 7 15:24:36 GMT 2008

Brian Koontz wrote:
> Derrick--
>
> Can you post your final .htaccess changes (the relevant parts)?  The
> thread got a bit busy, and I'd like to post something on the wiki
> about permanent redirects.
>
> Thanks!
>
>   --Brian

Sure :)

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^(.*/[^\./]*[^/])$ $1/
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} title=Main_Page
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://docs.mypclinuxos.com/? [R,L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ wikka.php?wakka=$1 [QSA,L]
</IfModule>

This works for my webhost (shared) site5.  On a side note, I still need
redirects on a per page basis...this is something drastically needed for
documentation coordinators.  For example, say a member of my community
who is not part of my docs team creates a fantastic how-to page...but
doesn't incorporate it into the namespace.  Say that it gets a ton of
attention before we notice it's not in the right namespace.  Now the
question is, how do we move it to the correct namespace and still get
traffic to flow accordingly?

A redirect action handler cannot be more helpful in this instance.
Thanks again all :D

--

Derrick Devine, Technical Writer
phone: (919) 851-3984 x2151