[wikka-community] A note on template files - feedback welcome

Krzysztof Trybowski trybowski
Fri Feb 1 10:38:58 GMT 2008

Dnia 1 lutego 2008 Dario Taraborelli napisal(a):

> I was wondering whether it would make sense to prepare this change
> *before* 1.1.6.4 is out, introducing a new config option
> ("wikka_theme") with value "default", moving the templates to a
> "default" folder and changing the page generation methods accordingly.

> This would save us the effort of explaining our users what happened to
> the template files in 1.1.6.4 and again in 1.1.7 .
> The changes needed to make this work are really small, but I'd like to
> hear from you if you see any potential issue.

It makes sense to avoid changing things twice, as it would be
inconvenient for the users and would make an impression that
development team doesn't have a clear vision of product's development.

It makes sense to either postpone the changes till 1.1.7 or backport
the whole block of changes from 1.1.7 to 1.1.6.4. Personally I'm for
postponing, because in 1.1.7 there are changes of directory structure
for actions too, so if users need to mess with that on their sites,
let's just make it necessary *once*.

--
Krzysztof Trybowski
  Gadu-Gadu: 1458144 --- Skype: trybowski