[wikka-community] Grabbing authentication from Apache?

Brian Koontz brian
Thu Dec 11 05:43:24 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 12:03:58PM -0800, Henry Kwan wrote:
> Is there a way to not make users double-enter credentials?  Some
> wikis, such as TWiki, are able to grab authentication from the
> apache login and use that.  Can WikkaWiki do this and if so, how do
> I do that?

Henry, I'm not aware of anyone creating a mod to access credentials
from HTTP authentication, but it looks rather trivial to implement.
The PHP $_SERVER var provides the authentication data, and
actions/usersettings/usersettings.php would be the code to modify to
implement this.

  --Brian

--
Brian Koontz