[wikka-community] Newbie questions - You don't have permission to access /wikka on this server

Scott Timm sctimm
Sat Aug 16 21:03:23 GMT 2008

Dario,

Thanks for the assistance. I checked out the mod_rewrite document, but
this had already been enabled upon installation. Although you're going
to think I'm crazy, it was the word "settings" that caused the
permissions error. (I learned this through trial-and-error!) I could
save the page with no problems when I deleted the word "settings," but
as soon as I tried to include it in the page the error returned. (The
singular form "setting" did not prompt the error.)

None of the other pages I've created have the problem with the word
"settings," so it doesn't seem to be a reserved word. Once I was able
to get the page to save without the word "settings," I copied it to a
new page and deleted the one originally giving me the problem.
However, I still cannot put the word "settings" on the page, and I've
tried doing this as "settings," "Settings," or a link to
"UserSettings" - but every time this one word causes the problem.

It's not a big problem - I can work around it. But I'm really puzzled
why this one word seems forbidden.

Scott Timm
Miami Beach  FL  33139
sctimm at mac.com