[wikka-community] Tracker notifications

Brian Koontz brian
Sun Sep 30 18:38:24 GMT 2007

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 04:58:04PM +0100, Dario Taraborelli wrote:
> I guess the problem is just terminological then:
>
> - community *is* supposed to be the place to discuss Wikka
> development, but it's misused
> - dev *is* supposed to be the internal list, but it's misused
> - news is supposed to be the low-traffic list for release/important
> announcements only

Well, we're probably all guilty as charged then :)

In my mind, wikka-news and wikka-community are synonymous (because
both deal with the Wikka community at large).  When I think of
wikka-dev, I think of development.

I'm looking right at the WikkaMailingLists page, and the
descriptions don't appear to align with the list titles.
(Truthfully, this is the first time I've seen this page.)

I'm simply suggesting a realignment of lists:

wikka-news: Same as before

wikka-dev: Open discussion of development issues (subsumes the
current wikka-community list)

wikka-security: Private list (subsumes current wikka-dev list)

wikka-community: Open discussion about Wikka-related issues that
aren't development issues (other projects might call this
wikka-users)

Basically, we add one new list and shuffle the descriptions around.
The list names will be more in line with the list descriptions, and
won't require Wikka users to hunt down the WikkaMailingLists page to
figure out what list they should be subscribed to.

  --Brian